July 9, 2010

Back in Vancity!

I've been back home for over a week now and it's bittersweet. From the heat, beaches, and people, to our food, homestay families, and crappy Spanish, my first time in Central America was amazing to say the least. Then the Philippines was amazing, too. It was my 6th visit but as I get older, I find myself appreciating it more than before or noticing things I was naive about. For now I'm still getting used to my life here, meaning running water that's safe to drink (instead of putting water purifying tablets), showers, a toilet, and other things of course. I always read people talk about life-changing experiences, and this was one of them. But that's another post :)

So unrelated but one of the songs I've been listening to lately...

No comments:

Post a Comment