September 8, 2009

"We livin' in a nation of fast lanes"

I often think about when I ate Lunchables, watched Sailor Moon after morning kindergarten class, was a bookworm, and had bedtime at 8pm. Those were the times when it was just the two of us, and now we can't stand each other sometimes. I don't understand some sacrifices you've made and are still making, but there comes a time when you need to just stop and sit. If I've learned anything from you and our culture, it's the importance of family. Lately I haven't seen you prioritize it when it should be obvious.

Over the summer I've realized that I have too many (little) convictions, and then I break down when (I feel that) they're attacked. One of them is knowing the time and place to do or say things. I'm not a goody two shoes, but stepping back and watching my nature, I might as well be. All these times and places that I'm in, I choose to adapt to because... they're all I have, and I care about them. But I'm starting to think that what I do/say/feel when it concerns some things might be too much, that it's time for me to stop, to sit and watch. I'm not a selfish person, either, but if my little convictions are understood and respected enough, then they would be taken into the least bit of consideration. If not, then what can I do but give up?

I don't know what I'm getting at or what I want right now. I do know that there's so many things I want to achieve and I don't want to put them on hold just because of inexcusable excuses. Too bad that isn't that easy when I'm in a limbo between stop and go.

No comments:

Post a Comment